Saturday, August 14, 2010

Where to begin?

It's been three days since I last updated everyone so I thought I would.. I just don't know how to out in words what I am going thru.

Friday: I had my early fun with the toddlers.. They are Pistols! A lot of slapping and biting going! But then some of the staff with Chris, the other team that is here and I did some adventuring of Port-Au Prince.. It was hard to see. There is ruble everywhere.. building after building is down. The whiff of smells is horrible. One thing that hit me hard was we went to see the hospital where they had picked up Marcos. That was overwhleming at first.. Not just because it gave me a glimpse of what he survived but just that these buildings are somewhat of life saving to them. Americas would not even step inside the gates if they were looking at these buildings. We get so wrapped up in the system and how the buildings could be better in America yes to some degree they can be but these people have no choice. It is still hard for me to be here and Marcos not be. I had told Joe and Joanne that I believe I am going through my anger stage right now.. all a guy needed to do was sign a piece of paper.. I am giving that to God though. He is in control and only he knows why. I have to be okay with that! Upon being at the hospital, I also got to see the nurse that took care of him when he was born and had to go through his surgeries. She was sweet.. I never did catch her name she had no idea what I was saying and I had no idea what she was saying and that was ok. We had also driven by some of the major tent cities.. They live in tents... Still hard to wrap my mind around. When I was a child we use to go camping a lot and we had fun setting our tents up, whether it was for just a weekend or a week it was fun for us.. This is not there fun, this is there life, this is there home. Some of the staff that even work here at the orphanage get off work and go to these tents.. How crazy is that? One thing I am praying about strongly is when I get back to America and go on living. I start my job again and soon will start school again.. I am praying that while at work I am not going to be judgemental, while at school i am not going to be judgemental.. when I walk into a building that is air conditioned or newly remodeled I pray I am not judgemental. I am going to be honest: I can get wrapped up in material things.. I am one to keep sentimental things especially when it come to my dads stuff.. to be Honest in the end None of these things will matter.. that is something that has hit my heart..

All these emotions were just on one day.. I have a feeling I am going to have some more as I continue with 4 1/2 weeks left..

Prayer Request: The older girls and the handicapped: Everyone wants a cute baby, everyone wants to start new.. there are girls here that are crying themselves to sleep because they miss their parents or they don't think anyone wants them because they are not babies anymore they are growing into beautiful young ladies. There are girls here that are wishing just for a family! If you have a heart to adopt I would not limit it just to the babies here or any other orphanage.. I would pray for the older ones as well! There are three handicapped girls that are here. I have the joy of spending 4 to 5 hours with them every morning.. They are joys! I love hanging with them and playing with them.. They don't undertsand me and I have no idea what they need or want but just to have attention and love that is all they seem to want! Chris is saying they are petty going to be here until they leave haiti! Which is fine with her, but still hard to imagine that this is their home.. and this is it for them. however when they get Heaven they are going to have an amazing time in the arms of our father just like all us born agains are.



There is so much beauty here in Haiti. a beautiful background paints the devestation. God is still here, God is still shining thru, God is still a protector. Do you know how amazing that is?!



"How humble your love, with a strength like no there and the heart of a father, how majestic your whispers what a wonderful God.. You made the earth and saw that is was good, you sent your only son for you are good"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for going Teresa. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for caring.

    ReplyDelete