Sunday, August 8, 2010

The weekend!!



Tonight is the coldest it has been since I have been here.. Yes It is 84 degrees..




This weekend was amazing..Some things you witness you can't put into words, nor can I put the smells in either.. they are not all bad smells but it makes the experience more real.




Friday: Was the end of Vbs for these kids.. They worked so hard this week in preparing a skit for everyone to come and watch especially Hal and Chris: One thing I admire about these girls and the young boys as well.. They sing: They sing when they wake up, They sing when they get dressed, everytime we get in the car to drive even for a minute they want to sing, They sing there prayer before they eat each meal and then for devotions they still sing! I can't help but laugh everytime it is so cute and admirable.. I have been known to have a lot of joy in my spirit if anything they have taught me how to have more. These girls are phenominal at what they are going through. Hal and Chris have made this Home for them. No matter what they are always going to have a special place in each kids heart.


Friday Night in the house is also sloppy Joe night!!! They are not the manwhich kind and the cows here are not corn feed so minimal fat but they were still delicious! It's fun because even the babies get one.. umm these kids are 6 monoths old eating a sloppy joe... all you have to do is tear it apart fro them and they dive into it like I do! They got us on the conversation of how babied Americans are... Not trying to be critical but really organic baby food and graduates food... They cannot afford that stuff here.. They can't go to the grocery store and find 10 diffrent varieties of baby food. So they eat people food and if they don't have teeth they make it a little soggy for them. I will say that those who don't eat well do get a bottle but even that is powdered milk and water. It was an intresting conversation but again another cool thing to see them using their resources!




Saturday: It was shopping day.. We (Hal, Chris, the two teams that are here and I) Did our own shopping, we did a little sightseeing as well. It's hard to say sightseeing here though.. Were we went they had set up all their paintings and wodden cravings they did.. however right acrosee the street was a big Tent city. It's hard to imagine what they went through and are still going through. Others camp right out their front doors because they are still to scare to go inside. They have a house they look at it everyday and still decide to live in a tent thru the rain and everything. That just boggles my mind!.. Saturday was also shopping day for the older kids as well.. They each get a new pair of jeans two HisHomeForChildren T-Shirts a pair of socks, a pair of shoes and a pair of flipflops.. It was fun to watch them want to try on clothes and want to try on new shoes. Another thing that was God's amazingness was these were all donated things.. besides the shirts but they didn't even have to pay for those either. These clothes were all for when they go back to school.


Sunday: I will Confess.. I MISSED GRACE COMMUNITY!!! It's hard to realize, how much the teachings and the church body has impacted me. I didn't think I would have this feeling! The Service was okay, He is a great man of God doing God's calling. But there is just something about your home church that you just miss when you go on vacation! I know you all agree with me! The pastor is trying.. I wouldn't know, how to handle a congregation after so much suffering so I will give him a little break on that. The elctricity went out in the church so for a little bit before they can get the generator going we were pretty much sticking together because of our sweat!
There are a few babies here that have stolen my heart and I already know I am going to cry when I need to leave and not be able to take them home! I now that through this process I am going to be processing a lot of just of all that I am seeing and the suffering that is taking place!
That is all for now!
In Christ!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how the Haitian people use what they have and are happy. Our God is amazing and you can see it through the Haitians. It is also wonderful to see how God is using you. Wishing you the best with your Toddlers this week. Praying you stay strong and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are keeping up a journal...or maybe this blog is your journal. So much to remember when you get home.

    ReplyDelete