Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Am I ready?

I have gotten that question a lot latley... Are you ready??

To be honest no I am not, I have a heart full of questions but God is teaching me trust. Will I ever be ready for something like this? No I won't be completely ready but again trusting more in God. I am going to want to bring them home. I am going to want to never let them go. Some things I have in common with these kids is one my child-like heart, yes I know when to act my age but most of them time you will see me playing with the kids more then talking with the "adults", I know how it feels to have lost a parent.. I only know one side to that story I couldn't imagine losing both my dad and mom it would be hard to overcome that. I know with God by your side you can overcome anything but to lose both these kids must be full of questions. I am praying that God gives me the words to speak but the ears to listen as well. I remeber there were times and still I have my moments where I would just like someone to sit and listen not try to "fix" anything but just sit with me in frustration or sit with me in my tears and yes sit with me in laughter. I am praying that these little ones will see hope, not in me while I am there but in the big picture of everything they are being taught my Hal and Chris and those that are adopted I hope they see that from their parents, I pray they are realizing God ginormous love for them even after such a hardship.

So to anwser anyone one's question.. No I don't think I will be ready or I am be ready as I can before I go experience this crazy adventure I have never experienced before...


Praying and trusting even when I have no anwsers....

1 comment:

  1. I know that God is ready, that you can trust in more than anything. Remember, we're not to live by fear.

    Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete