Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A question

Caleb and Sol:
§ Will you surrender your life and your plans and your future and your hopes and your dreams and your desires and your thoughts and your actions and your words – all to the Lordship of Christ? Or will you continue to deny His total call/claim upon your life?

So I was reading their blog.. (They have pretty good voices by the way)
They asked this question.. simple right?
I have to say it was almost convicting.. no not almost it really was convicting.. How many times do we (I) say okay God you can have this dream but God can I have this one? I wonder how many times God laughs at us little ones here on earth and goes "You silly human don't you realize I have control of EVERYTHING?" no we don't realize that.. we get so wrapped up in our self centered lives that we don't want to give God all of our dreams, our hopes, our desires, or even our thoughts.... it's funny because he already knows all of these things and we still don't want to give them to him. One future aspect I struggle with from time to time is just where I am going to be even next year.. Life has changed a lot for me and I know how much change a year can bring... I struggle with this while I am going to Haiti.. One thing about going (if I have said this before please forgive me) is it pretty much changes life so to speak, my education life that is, I will either go and love it come back and be so motivated to want to finish.. or I will go and God has something diffrent for me, something way off track of what I thought... I pray my heart is ready for that change whatever it may be I pray that God's desires are my desires
I am in love with God's forgivennes, I am in love with God's grace for he alone can fill me and he alone would I surrender my life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment