Thursday, June 17, 2010

Confession....

Okay Confession time...
My pride doesn't want to hand out support letters... My pride wants to do it all by itself.. I can pray by myself and I can make the money by myself. Uhh my pride, through this adventure of getting ready for Haiti I am really seeing myself needing to be humble and ask for help. I have made so many list of people to send or hand a letter to and all those lists I have crossed out people, one by one giving myself an excuse of why I shouldn't give them one. They won't have the time to pray, they won't have time to even read this blog to keep up with what I am doing, they won't have the money because times suck right now for everyone. God is so gracious... I need the prayer everyday that I am there, I am going to need finances because I CAN'T do this by myself... I am going to need the encouragement knowing that people care and want to help and want to read about what is going on... God just seems to be chipping at my heart more and more.. God to you alll the glry be for you are my rock even admist my pride....
"Humble yourselves before the Lord"
In Christ

2 comments:

  1. Oh pride...such a small but oh so powerful word. I don't think we'll truly overcome this side of heaven. But, chin up!! Realizing you have an issue with it is the first step.

    Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pride...everyone's favorite thing to deal with. I know what you mean about the support letters as I feel the same way every time I send them out. Know that by giving and praying, other people become a part of your trip and it is a blessing for them to send you. They may not be able to go for whatever reason, but they will make sure that you are able to and will support you each step of the way.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete