Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Family

I know it's not much what I say, but a lot curiousity comes when I think of different cultures...
Family is a big thing, I have taken a lot of sociology and psychology courses to know that family is huge in some cultures and little to nothing in others. But still someone somewhere has a family.
In visisting these orphan's I think it's going to be hard for me to go and not want to take them home. All I can do right now is pray for them especially the older children.. Everyone seems to want a baby when they adopt but the 10 and older department need homes just as well. It's hard to imagaine but I know it's reality some kids will go from house to house or simply live in an orphanage from the day they are born until the day they reach "adulthood". I love knowing that I am a child of God... Forever I will have a home in Heaven and Forever I will have someone to call Father, Abba, Daddy he will always be the one in my heart and never shuffle me from room to room or house to house...

Today was a bittersweet day, we found out my grandfather passed away in his sleep, yes he was adoptive but he was still my grandpa.. It's hard for those who he left behind but encouaraging to know he is no longer in pain or worrying about the meds to take.. He doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night to let the dog out or worry about the petty things we worry about here on earth he is forever with God my father. The man was a child of God, he never missed a birthday or any of my siblings anniversary and he was the one who held my hand thru my earthly fathers funeral. It's even more encouraging to know that they are there together enjoyig the goodness of who God is! Forever Grandpa you will be in my heart!
It's hard to imagine life without the people around me or the people who have made an impact, but to step in the shoes of these orphans thats what they may have to deal with everyday. They may have questions about their parents, their grandparents even if they have any siblings anywhere and they just may never know. But I pray grealy with a heavy heart that their eyes are fixed on our heavenly father and they are able to see that no matter what he is never going to leave us!
Praying for family today and thanking GOd I was able to enjoy one!
In Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifuly my Teresa. The Lord is doing great work in you and I am honored to see it. Praying for your heart as you lose another loved one but giving thanks that with each hurt you fall deeper in love with your Father. The children in Haiti will love your playfulness and will in turn learn to trust you. May they see God through your eyes and His light through your embrace. Love you!

    ReplyDelete