Sunday, June 20, 2010

My friend Robert

My friend Robert is now in Haiti and sent some more prayer requests...

Facebook Messages - Back Again: "Dear Friends,

I am finally back again in the beautiful country of Haiti. I know a lot of you didn't know that I leave early this morning and I apologize for not letting everyone know ahead of time. I flew out of Houston at 6 a.m., had a layover in Miami and landed in Port-au-Prince around 3:30. I met Gersan at the airport and then we drove back to his house where I had an AWESOME meal of white rice and meat. I am now about to go to bed because we are leaving early tomorrow morning to drive out to Jacob's Well. The last time I drove there, it took six and a half hours.

I will be out at the camp for a couple of weeks at least and I won't have any contact with internet and possibly even phone. Laity Lodge Youth Camp will be coming down for a week in early July to do work at camp and I'm excited about it and can't wait until they get here. I will spend a couple of weeks working with two awesome guys, Bobby and Dustin, trying to get finished with some construction and getting the camp ready for LLYC.

Please be in prayer for us as we will be doing a lot of work at camp. Pray that we will get a lot done and have everything ready for LLYC. Pray for that group, that they will have safe travel down. Pray for the kids that will be at camp and for the Haitian staff. Finally, please pray for the country itself. Pray that Satan's hold will losen and that God's abundant light will shine forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment