Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No title

I HAVE A PLANE TICKET and LUGGAGE!!!!
I was able to get my plane ticket awhile ago but still praising God that he has supplied a need once again! I feel as time approaches I am getting more and more excited for the trip! Curiosity is starting to take over as to how its going to be and what I am going to do there! Yes I still need to get those shots..

I did meet with Hal, Chris and Junior(their right hand man) and Chris pretty much informed me that I will be letting the nannies take a break. I will be holding babies when they need or want to held, changing them, feeding them and just Loving them! I have been hearing stories from other friends as well and I thank God has placed them into my life just with this being my first overseas trip and even to a third world country that just went through so much devestation, It is going to be eye-opening and humbling. But God has control! I am excited to know how the kids are and what they are like, their schedules and really just hang out with them! However you can start praying early for this one little girl.. She was involved with VooDoo before coming to the orphanage and I am not allowed to wear red around her. She believes she is a vampire and will start trying to suck blood out of people. I pray that she lets God come in, she lets him take control and is no longer under this crazy influence.

On a side note:
July 4th has just passed, and it amazes from the age of infancy to 100 all of us gather around to watch in awe of the fireworks display. There was a boy who was adopted from this orphanage that I am going to be working at there with me in the group and from my understand and his parents, he had never seen fireworks before. It's funny the little things that make us stop and be kids again I loved watching him and everyone around me just brighten up whenever the colors pooped in the sky! ANother Enjoyment was at our church picnic... There was the water fountain that the kids fell in love with, they had no care in the world that they were covered from head to toe dripping as they walked around but they had so much fun doing it. It's an amazing feeling when you realize what blessings you have. For us playing in water is an outdorr fun for us, while in other countries they have to ration their water and make sure it is clean enough that they can even drink it!
I thank God for the little blessings in life everyday and still trying to glorify him all that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment