Monday, July 12, 2010

6 months ago!

Today marks 6 months since the earthquake happened in Haiti... Time has seem to go by fast. However I wonder how it is going for them.. They wake up everyday in the realization of what happened and wanting to move on with their lives. I read an article the oher day that was actually uplifting

"They draw pictures to help heal their grief and write songs and dramas about their heartache, along with the reawakening hopes and dreams. Now the country's young people encourage their elders, calling January 12, 2010 "the birthday of Haiti's future"

It's hard to grasp the concept of what they could be going through. It breaks my heart to know little kids are running the streets or are forced into child slavery. But it's amazing of God's power, and his love not just for the little ones but the old as well.

I had a praise this sunday, I ended up getting the money I needed for my trip.. yeah I cried some tears of joy, it is finally in place of how real this is going to be. I am going to HAITI!! I thank you to whoever donated to me for showing me that people care and want to help and for the encouragement of all your prayers! I always knew I would in the back of my head but God's power and love never ceases to amaze me. I am excited to go but still a little nervous. I love loving God!
On a side note: Well I have put off long enough to go get my shots... I have an appointment tomorrow and my friend Ann is going to go with me.. yeah to hold my hand!
Sorry for my little ramblings.. just thought I would update people!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying the shots are not painful and all goes well! Praise the Lord on your donations! How could we not all help you, you are following what Gods wants you to do, setting a great example for all of us plus you are going to get to love on those babies, how precious that will be!

    ReplyDelete