Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My last day!

Tomorrow is the big day.. I venture home!
Crazy!!! I feel like I should still be packing to come here and checking lists to make sure I have everything. I feel like I should be trying to get use to things here and different schedules! It is crazy for me to think that I am going home tomorrow!

My foot is healed, there is still a bump but no more pain and have been able to walk on it this week and a couple days last week! That is a blessing!

These past few days I have been on baby duty, it was fun to just be able to relax with her.. She is about 4 months old pretty content with things!

We have been getting the new girls home ready, we did find out yesterday that there will be 5 girls who are pregnant.. Ages 14-16, whether raped or on their own they have a little one inside them. Here in Haiti the mother doesn't have rights if they are a minor and since they are under IBESR the baby is considered under IBESR as well.. Once they have these little ones they will be going to the nursery here where Hal and Chris stay. Hard to imagine that you can't decide on whether or not you want to keep your child or not. Hard to imagine having to give them up. Praying for these girls, in the states we have so many resources as far as helping to keep our kids or counseling to figure what we be the best decision for both parties and here you have no say..

Pretty mellow day today.. Have been praying a lot has far as going home and trying to get back into the swing of things. Praying as I leave these kids..

Still loving the fact that God has amazing control!

2 comments:

  1. I love you!!! and i'm excited that you have had such and adventure! Teresa I am praying for you! Call me!!!
    Love YOu
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a safe journey home as you leave tomorrow and praying for you heart as you leave the orphanage, so many different emotions you will go through tomorrow, plus the memories you will always have. Thank you for you following God, setting such a great example and for having such a HUGE selfless heart! Prayerfuly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete